Keys to Interview Preparation
In recent years so much has been studied and written about effective selling and marketing that one could say that what had been the art of selling a new science. The interviewing tips that follow are based on the principles of effective salesmanship. Naturally, some will be more applicable in your particular situation than others. The purpose of these Keys to Interview Preparation tips is to help you prepare advance for every interview. They are intended to help you orient yourself ahead of time as to what it is you have to sell as well as how you hope to make the sale.
Key Things to do Before an Interview
- Decent dress-up is a must. Wear neat and clean clothes.
- Always wear deep color pants and light (preferably single) color shirts.
- Wear black shoes.
- Wear a tie and a coat, according to the post applied for.
- Shave well.
- Hair should be simple.
- Maintain a moderate smiling face-That is, smile, it costs nothing. It’s a big asset.
- Read the major news items of the day.
- Have a clear cut idea the job applied for.
- Show enthusiasm and ready to work hard.
- Always show a great attitude.
- Arrive on time or 10 minutes early. Regardless of the weather, the traffic, or anything else, there is no excuse to be late ever.
- Be able to identify and assess your strengths. Relate those strengths to the needs of the employer.
- Gather information about the employer. If you know with whom you will be interviewing, look up information about each person…
- Know how you communicate verbally.
- Use correct grammar and pay attention to your diction.
- Do not interrupt people when they are talking – this also comes in the form of anticipating the question before the interviewer is finished and interrupting the answer. This does not show how smart you are. It just tells people you are rude.
- In an interview, some people tend to become over-anxious, and interrupting becomes commonplace. Be careful that you are not offensive in this way.
- ‘Eye to eye’ contact is important. Look at people.
- Do not fidget with your hands or with pens or other objects. If you find yourself doing it, stop and put your hands on your lap or the arms of the chair.
We have as much as much as important point for Keys to Interview Preparation, but there may be some more things which we have neglected. Also we highy suggest you to prepare yourself for any kind of situation.
- Also read: How to face a job Interview? – Basic Tips.
[GetAssamJob: Dear Readers, Please leave a message on our comment box. This will help us to improve user experience. Please comment on your suggested topic. Thanks]