Job opening at Assam Secretariat (now Janata Bhawan). Assam Secretariat has announced notification for the recruitment for the post-Junior Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates who are eligible can apply for the post. One can read the notification and can apply online.
Information Regarding of Junior
Administrative Assistant Post in the Assam Secretariat (now Janata Bhawan) :
Online applications are invited from the intending eligible candidates who are citizens of India having Registration Number in employment exchange in the state of Assam for filling up of the vacancies as indicated below in the cadre of Junior Administrative Assistant in the Assam Secretariat (now Janata Bhawan) under Assam Secretariat Subordinate Service Rules, 1963 [as amended) in the scale of pay of PB-2 Rs. 14,000- 49,000 + Grade Pay Rs. 8700 p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under Rules.
Vacancies For Junior Administrative Assistant Post
The total job opening are : 170 posts.
Reservation of posts:
- UR: 57 Nos.
- ST (P): 14 Nos.
- ST (H): 12 Nos.
- SC: 14 Nos.
- OBC/MOBC: 40 Nos.
- The person with Disability: 14 Nos.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 19 Nos.
- Reservation for Woman: 30%
- Reservation for Ex-servicemen: 20%
Age Limits for Junior Administrative Assistant Post
The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2020. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows:
(a) 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
(b) 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates.
(c) 2 years for Ex-servicemen.
(d) 10 years for PwD candidates.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council. No other document shall be accepted in lieu there off or the purpose.
- The applicants must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% of marks, 40% for SC/ST candidates in their degree examination.
- The candidates must possess a minimum of 6 (six) months Diploma/Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institute. They must have a good working knowledge of office productivity software tools (independent of any operating system, r.e. MS Windows, Linux, MAC, etc.) such as Word Processor, Spread Sheet, presentation graphics, the concept of database, internet, and email.
Note: The decision of the Secretariat Administration (Estt.) Department as to the
eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
Mode of Selection for Junior Administrative Assistant Post
There shall be two phases of selection:
The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in an objective type written test of 250 Marks to be held in the District Headquarters of Assam on a date to be notified later on. The syllabus of the Objective Type Written Test will be as follows:
- General English ( General Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude):150 Marks
- Knowledge of Computer (Theory): 50 Marks
- Language Skills Test in Assamese/Bengali/ Bodo / Alternative English: 50 Marks
Against each vacancy, three candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test. After the written test, the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in a Computer Practical Test and Precise Writing test to be held centrally in Guwahati.
Total marks for the Computer (Practical) Test will be 50 Marks and Precis Writing Test will be 50 Marks. They will have to bring all the original testimonials i.e. Age proof Certificate, Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates), Educational Qualification Certificates and Marksheet, Computer Proficiency Certificate, income, and Asset Certificate of the family issued by the competent authority (in case of candidates belonging to EWS), Employment Exchange Registration Certificate, Disability Certificate (in case of PwD candidates), and Declaration in Form-“A” as available on the website.
How to apply
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY IN PRESCRIBED FORM THROUGH ONLINE MODE ONLY. NO OTHER MODE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS ALLOWED.
Instructions for filling up prescribed online form will be available on the website: www.recruitmentsad.in.
Before applying online, candidates are advised to carefully go through the instructions provided in the above website. Candidates are required to upload:
- A latest passport size photograph.
- Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S.L.C. examination.
- Graduation Certificate and Marksheet.
- Scanned Signature.
- Employment Exchange Registration Certificate.
- Computer Diploma/Certificate.
- Declaration in Form “A” under rule 5(1) of the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family Norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019. Specimen Copy is available on the website www.recruitmentsad.in.
- Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates).
- Disability Certificate (in case of PwD category candidates) issued by a competent authority.
- Income and Assets Certificate of the family issued by the officer, not below the rank of Circle Officer as per provision of para 5 of O.M.ABP.07 /201-9/4, dated 70-04-201.9 (in case of EWS candidates). A specimen copy is available on the website www.recruitmentsad.in: and
- Discharge Book No. & Date, place of issue (in respect of Ex-Servicemen).
Note: No other document i.e. the hard copy of the online application form, registration slip, etc. are required to be sent to the Secretariat Administration (Estt.) Department.
Since the applications are submitted online, the question of submission of applications through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However, such a candidate shall intimate their appropriate appointing authorities about the submission of application in writing.
The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in Written Examination/join services on being selected by the Secretariat Administration (Estt.) Department in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate authority. The Secretariat Administration (Estt.) Department shall not be any way responsible/accountable in the event of not according to permission to appear in the written examination/join service after selection.
The last date of application
ONLINE FORM MAY BE FILLED-UP W.E.F. 31.07.2020 TO MIDNIGHT OF 31.08.2020 ONLY. NO APPLICATION WILL BE FILLED UP AFTER EXPIRY OF THE GIVEN TIME AS THE LINK WILL BE DISABLED.
- The applicants are advised to submit only a single application. [However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that the application with the higher Registration Number is complete in all respects which will be accepted.]
- CANVASSING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SHALL DISQUALIFY A CANDIDATE.
- NO MANUAL APPLICATION FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the written Test/computer practical Test.
Candidates who are interested can read the notification and can apply online.